Friday, May 22, 2009

Generation Y is entitled, lazy, selfish, tech savvy, and incompetent.

-----
This remark by Scott Greenfield, author of Simple Justice and New York criminal defense attorney, appears to be the generalized feeling the Boomer Generation feels for the new Gen Y attorneys entering the workforce.

I have worked hard my entire life and continually struggle to do my best at all times, including at work and in my personal life. "Generation Y uses this term life-balance as an excuse for their incompetence." - Scott Greenfield. To have that shoved in my face, because I also desire to balance work with my family life is quite upsetting.

I definitely want to make a good deal of money, but I refuse to sell my family's happiness. Here is a good take on the issue.

Adding insult to injury, from the fingers of Mr. Greenfield himself, I am apparently also a dolt. (see comments)

No comments: